Gibbs in New Jersey had several locations. Montclair opened in 1950 at 33 Plymouth Avenue. Its success spelled the end of the Chicago school. New York corporate supervision of the strict curriculum was a much easier task in Montclair than in Chicago.
While Montclair was open, a second Gibbs campus began in Piscataway, New Jersey in 1984. The first Piscataway campus was at 180 Centennial Avenue and later moved to 80 Kingsbridge Road. This campus closed in 2008.
In 2003 Gibbs College Montclair announced its move from 56,000 square feet in older buildings in Montclair to a 125,000 square foot school on a 16-acre campus at 630 West Mount Pleasant in Livingston. The Livingston campus closed in 2009.